A traineeship is a great way to prepare for your future career. It will give you the vital work experience needed to secure employment, giving you the edge over others when applying for apprenticeships or jobs.
What is a Traineeship?
Traineeships are for 16-24 year olds, offering a structured work placement with an employer lasting between 6 weeks and 6 months. The placement is unpaid, however you could receive money towards travel costs. The content will be tailored towards your individual needs for further development, which could include:
- Work preparation training, which ensures you are ready and have the confidence to take the first step in your career, such as an apprenticeship.
- English and maths support to help give you the literacy and numeracy skills that are relevant for the workplace.
- A meaningful work experience placement which provides insight and experience of the world of work.
- The opportunity to demonstrate to an employer that you are an asset to their business.
- A reference to use when applying for future jobs.
What types of Traineeship are available?
County Training offers traineeships in:
- Business and Administration
- Customer Service
- Hairdressing and Barbering
- Health and Social Care
- Hospitality and Catering
- Information Technology
- Warehousing and storage
What can I progress on to after a Traineeship?
At the end of your traineeship, there may be the opportunity of a permanent position with your employer. If there isn't a position available, you will receive an exit interview and a reference for future employment opportunities. County Training can continue to work with you after you complete your traineeship to support you with securing an apprenticeship or permanent employment with another company.