Apprentice General Farm and Poultry Assistant
E Crawford-ClarkeFarm - Employer's Details
This is an exciting opportunity to work for E&S Clarke, gaining skills and knowledge of agriculture while working towards a level 2 qualification in this area.
As an Agriculture apprentice you will work as part of a busy team, undertaking a range of duties to ensure the smooth running of the business. The role will develop according to experience and training. Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Packing eggs, monitoring feed, watering and welfare
- Letting hens out, sanitising egg packing room and preparing pallets for collection
- Recognising and adhering to bio security measures
- Working as part of a team deconstructing poultry house equipment at end of lay
- Pressure washing and refitting equipment
- Fencing work and maintenance of buildings
- Servicing of machines under supervision
- Crop walking
- Tractor driving roles such as corn and straw carting, ploughing and cultivating
- Assisting with moving and handling sheep
- Loader work
You will need to apply for this vacancy via apprenticeships.gov.uk, by clicking on the link above. If you have not used this service previously, you will need to register before submitting your application. Please email email@example.com if you require support.
The business was originally established in 1961 as a Dairy and Arable farm, changing to a Free Range Egg and Arable unit in 1998. The business now also produces and sells woodchip for biomass boilers. Another activity is fattening store lambs and ewes in the Autumn.