Apprentice Commis Chef
The Hopton CrownPub - Employer's Details
As an Apprentice Chef you will join the kitchen staff in the day to day operations within the company, developing your skills and knowledge as a chef. You will also work towards your Level 2 Production Chef Standard.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and cooking ingredients necessary and assisting in all sections of the kitchen as directed by the Head Chef
- Maintaining high levels of service
- Assisting and monitoring stock, including stock rotation
- Ensuring minimum kitchen wastage
- Keeping all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Learning skills and recipes from other members of the department and applying them
- Complying with all company policies and procedures and all statutory regulations and food hygiene policies
- Ensuring that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef or General Manager
You will need to apply for this vacancy via apprenticeships.gov.uk, by clicking on the link above. If you have not used this service previously, you will need to register before submitting your application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require support.
At the bottom of Hopton Bank, as the road heads from the medieval village of Cleobury Mortimer towards the summit of Clee Hill and on to Ludlow, the Hopton Crown has offered food, drink and shelter to weary travellers for many centuries.