Apprentice Warehousing Assistant
Ludlow Food CentreFarm shop - Employer's Details
As a Warehouse Operative Apprentice, you will be involved with all aspects of warehouse operations. You will control the flow of stock through the warehouse, monitoring goods in and out, safely and efficiently moving and handling items and keeping stock records. You will also work towards your Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Standard qualification.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
Loading and unloading goods from delivery vans or lorries
- Checking that the correct quantity and type of goods have been received
- Recording any damaged, missing or faulty goods
- Moving the goods to the correct area in the warehouse
- Labelling goods
- Picking goods that have been ordered by other departments within the business
- Using computerised stock / transfer system
Storage and stock control:
- Relocating and re-stacking goods to make space for a new delivery
- Effective date rotation of goods
- Alerting the purchasing team of product stock levels falling low
- Maintaining the warehouse in a tidy state and clearing away packing material and debris
- Using computerised stock control systems and other technology to record goods movement
- Date checks
- Maintaining warehouse lockdown
- Reporting to and working with the Warehouse Supervisor
You will need to apply for this vacancy via apprenticeships.gov.uk, by clicking on the link above. If you have not used this service previously, you will need to register before submitting your application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require support.
Ludlow Food Centre is a one-of-a-kind food shopping experience where farming, food production and retailing come together to create an award-winning environment.
The business is part of the Earl of Plymouth’s Oakly Park Estate which extends to approximately 8,000 acres of Shropshire countryside of which the business farms in hand 6,500 acres. All of the beef, lamb and Gloucester Old Spot pork comes from the farm along with the milk used to make the cheese and dairy products. They have a herd of wild fallow deer roaming the Estate and a bountiful supply of wild game at certain times of the year.
Ludlow Food Centre are passionate about local food, with 80% of the food they sell coming from Shropshire and its surrounding counties. Ludlow Farm shop is designed to not only sell food but to produce it and over half of the products are made in their own production units that surround the shop floor. These are visible through glass windows that allow you to see the artisan producers making food by hand.