Charlton ArmsHotel and pub - Employer's Details
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside experienced chefs in the kitchen of a nationally-renowned pub, gaining and enhancing your skills and knowledge of the hospitality industry while working towards a Level 2 Production Chef qualification.
As a kitchen apprentice, you are effectively the engine room of the kitchen. Working under the guidance of a kitchen supervisor or chef de partie, your job is to ensure that the kitchen is clean and operational in addition to preparing ingredients - it’s a great steppingstone to becoming a chef.
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic
- Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs
- Helping to prepare salads and desserts
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
- Disposing of rubbish
- Organising linen laundry
- Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas
You will need to apply for this vacancy via apprenticeships.gov.uk, by clicking on the link above. If you have not used this service previously, you will need to register before submitting your application. Please email email@example.com if you require support.
The Charlton Arms was established 6 years ago by Cedric and Amy Bosi. Since then it has become renowned for homemade food, local ales and luxury accommodation. The pub has been featured on many best of lists including the Micheline Bib Gourmand and has an AA Rosette Award for Culinary Excellence. It is situated on the iconic Ludford Bridge, a short walk from the town centre of Ludlow.