Apprentice Administration Assistant
Belvidere SchoolSchool - Employer's Details
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a school environment, gaining and enhancing your skills and knowledge of administration while working towards a Level 3 Business Administrator standard qualification.
As an Apprentice Business Administrator you will assist the School Office Team to provide front line service to visitors, pupils, parents and staff at the school. Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Greeting personal callers in a professional and personable manner, including organising badges, signing in and notifying staff internally
- Dealing with telephone enquiries and determining urgency of calls / visitors, filtering and dealing with them efficiently while ensuring school routines and classes are not disturbed unnecessarily
- The opening, stamping and circulating of incoming post, distributing mail to the staff room and preparing for despatch by Courier and postal service
- General administrative tasks including photocopying, filing and circulating documents as appropriate
- Shadowing other members of staff to continue your understanding of work further
- Participating in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Being aware of and complying with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Answering and distributing e-mails appropriately
- Maintaining basic electronic information such as spreadsheets
- Offering administrative support to senior colleagues as required
You will need to apply for this vacancy via apprenticeships.gov.uk, by clicking on the link above. If you have not used this service previously, you will need to register before submitting your application. Please email email@example.com if you require support.
Belvidere School is a long established Secondary School in Shrewsbury and joined the Central Shropshire Academy Trust (CSAT) on 1st January 2019.