Apprentice Business Administrator
St Georges Junior SchoolSchool - Employer's Details
St George's Junior School is looking for a dedicated individual to ensure that the team is assisted with administrative functions to support the smooth running of the school.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking reception duties, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries, and signing in visitors
- Acting in a polite and professional manner when dealing with queries/requests from parents escalating where necessary to the Business Support Administrator/Office Manager
- Assisting with arrangements for visits by school nurse, photographer etc.
- Providing routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, emailing etc.
- Updating and maintaining computer records
- Undertaking word processing and other IT based tasks
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Undertaking routine administration e.g. registers/school meals, chasing consent forms
- Undertaking routine financial administration under the direction/instruction of Business Support Administrator
- Shadowing other members of staff to continue your understanding of work further
- Being aware of and complying with all school policies and procedures
- Being aware of and supporting difference and ensure equal opportunities for all
- Contributing to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciating and supporting the role of other professionals
- Attending and participating in relevant meetings as required
- Participating in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Being aware of and complying with safeguarding responsibilities as outlines in the schools Staff Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Any other duties that the Headteacher feel is/are commensurate with the post. Whilst every effort is made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post each individual task undertaken may not be identified
You will need to apply for this vacancy via apprenticeships.gov.uk, by clicking on the link above. If you have not used this service previously, you will need to register before submitting your application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require support.
Located near the heart of the town of Shrewsbury, St Georges Junior School is dedicated to delivering a quality learning experience. Part of the Empower Academy Trust, St Georges has twelve classes across Key Stage 2, (approx.360 pupils), ages 7-11 and 47 staff. The school is proactive, dynamic and friendly and currently has 4 personnel in the large school office and is looking for a 5th person to join the team.