Apprentice ICT Assistant
Sundorne Infants SchoolSchool - Employer's Details
This is an exciting opportunity to work for the Haughmond Federation, gaining valuable work experience while progressing your skills and knowledge in IT. You will also work towards a Level 3 Digital Support Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
As an IT Apprentice you will assist the senior staff in providing specialist support in a specific curricular/resource area, including the preparation and maintenance of resources and support to staff and pupils. You will also assist the Network Manager/ICT Co-ordinator in ensuring the efficient functioning of the school's computers and associated software. Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
Support for pupils:
- Use specialist skills/training/experience to support pupils
- Provide advice to pupils on computer matters and the use of IT equipment
- Assist with the supervision of extra-curricular computer sessions
Support for the teacher:
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and productive working environment
- Ensure general maintenance of computer equipment and software
- Install software and hardware
- Troubleshoot software and hardware faults
- Assist in the development of lesson/work plans, as appropriate
- Promote and ensure the health and safety and good behaviour of pupils at all times
Support for the curriculum:
- Assist with the monitoring and management of stock (software and hardware) within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required
- Maintenance of specialist equipment, check for quality/safety, undertake specialist repairs/modifications within own capabilities
- Demonstrate and assist in the safe and effective use of specialist equipment/materials
- Provide specialist advice and guidance as required
Support for the school:
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals, in liaison with the teacher, to support achievement and progress of pupils
- Attend and participate in regular meetings
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others
- Any other duties that would reasonably be expected of the post holder.
You will need to apply for this vacancy via apprenticeships.gov.uk, by clicking on the link above. If you have not used this service previously, you will need to register before submitting your application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require support.
Sundorne Infant School and Nursery is part of the Haughmond federation, which was formed with Harlescott Junior School. Children begin their education with us in the 140-place nursery, before moving into one of the four school reception classes in school at the start of the academic year during which they have their fifth birthday.
Sundorne Infant School and Nursery is a popular setting and our numbers are increasing - we currently have over 370 children on roll. After completing their Early years Foundation Stage and Key Stage One, children move from our school into junior school to begin Key Stage Two. We have a large team of dedicated employees who work together to make sure that the children have the best start to their school life.