Assistant Administrator and Finance Apprentice
Church Stretton SchoolAcademy Secondary School - Employer's Details
- Provide finance and administrative support e.g. invoicing, ordering, photocopying, filing, emailing, school meals and trips.
- Update manual and computerised records/management information systems
Provide reprographic support to teaching and non-teaching staff
Individuals in this role may also undertake some or all of the following:
- Undertake reception duties, act as first point of contact in response to telephone and face-to-face enquiries, sign in visitors
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail and post outgoing mail
- First point of contact for sick pupils, liaise with parents / carers / staff
- Assist with arrangements for visitors, for example by school nurse, photographer
Any other duties
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of, support and ensure equal opportunities for all
- Contribute to the overall ethos / work / aims of the school
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Assist with pupil needs as appropriate during the working hours
- Candidates must ensure that Health and Safety procedures are observed by all individuals and adhere to all School Policies and Procedures as outlined in the school’s ‘Code of Conduct’ and ‘Staff Handbook’.
- Candidates must possess good IT skills (email, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and have a real passion to learn
- The ability to work effectively with, relate to and earn the trust of support staff, teaching staff, senior management and young people
- A team player
- Good time management and organisational skills
An interest in the area of school finance and administration or experience of working in an office environment would be useful but is not essential.
- Has a friendly yet professional and respectful approach which demonstrates support and shows mutual respect
- Open, honest and an active listener
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude
- Is committed to the provision and improvement of quality service provision
- Is adaptable to change / embraces and welcomes change
- Communicates effectively
- Has the ability to learn from experiences and challenges
- Is committed to the continuous development of self and others by keeping up to date and sharing knowledge, encouraging new ideas, seeking new opportunities and challenges, open to ideas and developing new skills
- Has a good sense of humour
5 GCSE passes including English and Mathematics (or the equivalent)
Good numeracy and literacy skills
Church Stretton School is an 11 - 16 mixed secondary school with academy status in Church Stretton, Shropshire. Our school is a thriving, exciting place to be and is amongst the top performing schools academically in Shropshire and the local area.
The school is part of the Trust.Ed schools partnership.
Church Stretton School