APPRENTICE MEDICAL ADMINISTRATOR
KNOCKIN MEDICAL PRACTICEMEDICAL PRACTICE - Employer's Details
As an Apprentice administrator, your main job purpose will be to meet and greet visitors, handle telephone calls and to carry out administrative duties in accordance with the practice’s Legislative requirements and Practice Policy and Procedures. This Job Summary includes a range of duties, which may change as the role develops and according to the needs of the practice. Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Greeting patients and visitors to the practice
- Booking in patients and visitors in line with practice appointments and visitors procedures
- Responding and/or redirecting all patient and visitor requests accordingly
- Ensuring computerised appointment system is up-to-date
- Booking, amending and cancelling patient appointments
- Setting up new patients onto the computer system
- Distributing completed prescriptions
- Answering incoming telephone calls, ensuring calls are documented and redirected accordingly
- Processing incoming electronic communication according to agreed protocols
- Processing incoming mail and scanning documents into Docman document management system according to agreed protocols
- Preparing and producing document templates, i.e. Hospital referrals, call letters, etc.
- Clinical system recording for both hospital and private referrals
- The co-ordination and administration of requests from Solicitors, Partners and GPs for patient records in-line with the Access to Medical Records Act
The efficient processing of referral letters and medical reports
Liaising with Healthcare Professionals, Primary Care Trusts, Patients, Solicitors and other External Organisations to assist with the resolution and administration of queries
Maintenance of appropriate system for the monitoring of payments invoiced and received for non NHS services undertaken by the Practice
Maintenance of a Practice Directory for services available to Patients. To include Consultants, Chiropodists and other services available outside the practice
Management of effective recall systems for health monitoring and chronic diseases
Ensuring the building is left secure and all out of hours communication is in place prior to leaving the site
Ensuring that the surgery is kept clean and tidy; this may involve light cleaning work if the cleaner is not present. Ensuring that the GPs rooms are tidied at the end of each surgery
Ensuring up-to-date maintenance of both computerised and manual filing systems (i.e. patient notes)
Ensuring that you attend mandatory training as instructed by the practice manager. This may occur during days off
Working safely at all times in accordance with Legislative requirements and Practice Policy and Procedures
This job description is not exhaustive and may be adjusted periodically after review and consultation. You will also be expected to carry out any reasonable duties which may be requested from time-to-time.
Requirements and prospects
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Time management and the ability to work to deadlines
Negotiation and conflict management
Problem solving skills
Planning and organising ability
Performing well under pressure
Ability to be self motivated
An understanding of confidentiality
Good standard of English and maths.
This post will become permanent for the right candidate. Training will be offered in Medical Terminology and specific modules relating to medical software programmes used in practice.
Knockin Medical Centre
Knockin Medical Centre is a small NHS general medical practice serving 3500 patients living in the rural community of Knockin and surrounding villages.The apprentice will be joining the small administration team that deal with all the incoming patient and health professional queries.
Knockin Medical Centre