APPRENTICE DIGITAL SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
OLDBURY WELLS SCHOOLSCHOOL - Employer's Details
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, reliable and self-motivated Infrastructure Technician Apprentice to assist the Network Manager in the day to day running of the school’s ICT networks, associated hardware and digital resources. The successful candidate will be enrolled on an apprenticeship scheme over a period of 12/15 months leading to a Level 3 apprenticeship qualification. You will learn to develop, implement and maintain complete IT solutions such as networks, operating systems and applications.
Main purpose of the role:
To work under the direction and instruction of senior staff and the School’s Network Manager to support the school’s computer systems, applications and associated software.
Key duties associated with the role:
- To support all staff and students in the use of information technology
- Assisting in the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of hardware and software faults, to include PCs, printers, projectors, audio-visual equipment, whiteboards and all other associated ICT equipment (subject to equipment warranty and within level of competence)
- Maintaining stock levels for printer toner and projector spares, including ordering, receipt, issue, stocktaking and keeping accurate records
- To assist with the security marking and recording of all new hardware including the maintenance of inventories/service and maintenance arrangements of all equipment in school
- To help with the installation of data projectors, computers, peripherals and software
Providing advice and training to pupils and staff on computer matters and use of ICT equipment
- To liaise with external suppliers for the repair of equipment under warranty or maintenance contract
- Administering user accounts, including changing passwords, logging password changes and adding print credit
- Setting up, moving and support of ICT and AV equipment as and when required
- To become familiar with the school network infrastructure (cabling, patch panels, hubs, switches, routers and wireless equipment)
- To help maintain internet facilities and other learning technology for curriculum use
- Cleaning of technical equipment where it is necessary for the equipment’s safe operation, to include whiteboard projectors
- Assisting in the collection, recording and auditing of data for the schools’ asset register
- Provide technical support for school events
- To undertake any other reasonable duty which might from time to time be requested by the Network Manager, Director of Finance and Business, Heads of Department, Headteacher, or any other person delegated by them.
Oldbury Wells School
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Oldbury Wells is a dynamic school in Shropshire, alive with learning and offering all students the opportunity to develop their talents and interests, academically and artistically. The school's dedicated staff aim to help students to achieve their dreams and goals - recognising the importance of helping them to do their best and strive for greatness.