APPRENTICE PRACTICE ADMINISTRATOR
CLAREMONT BANK SURGERYMEDICAL PRACTICE - Employer's Details
As an Apprentice Practice Administrator you will provide support to the admin team to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Meeting and greeting patients and visitors into the practice
- Providing an efficient and polite telephone service for patients, answering queries in a timely manner and taking messages
- Utilising appointments system effectively and efficiently
- Administration of prescriptions
- Attending and contributing in admin meetings and participating in training
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
The successful applicant will have:
- Good communication and listening skills via telephone and face to face contact
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Good computer awareness
- Previous experience in a GP Surgery an advantage but not essential as full training will be given
- Flexible in order to cover for colleagues
- Personal qualities
The successful applicant will be:
Flexible to work both mornings and evenings
- Compassionate and sympathetic
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality in the workplace
- People orientated, have empathy and a non-judgemental approach, understand the importance of strict confidentiality and have a sound customer service background
- It is desirable the successful applicant possesses Maths and English GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent).
IT qualification desirable but not essential.
Claremont Bank Surgery
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Claremont Bank Surgery is a busy Doctor's practice caring for people in Shrewsbury. The practice cares for 7,800 patients throughout Shrewsbury.