Level 2 in Allergy Awareness
Over the past few years, the number of people who experience allergic reactions has been steadily rising. Today, there are an estimated two million people in the UK living with an allergy. The objective of this qualification is to introduce learners working with children, working in adult health and social care, or working in the service sector, to allergens, allergies, food labelling and allergy awareness.
- Free of charge for those 19 years of age or over (subject to eligibility detailed below)
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Ideal for anyone who wishes to develop their understanding of allergic reactions, treatment and first aid for severe reactions
- Essential information for those working with children, the service sector or in social care
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed
Units You Will Study
This course is split into three manageable units. The learner will complete two mandatory units then select a third from the choices available, as shown below.
- Unit 1: Allergens, allergies and intolerances (Mandatory)
- Unit 2: Food labelling and packaging (Mandatory)
- Unit 3: Allergy awareness for those working with children (Optional)
- Unit 4: Allergy awareness for those working in adult health and social care
- (Optional) Unit 5: Allergy awareness for those working in the service sector (Optional)
To access this course free of charge, you must meet eligibility criteria including being aged 19 or older at the start of the current academic year, have been a UK/EU/EEA resident for 3 years or longer, living in an eligible postcode and have appropriate previous qualifications. Funding is subject to change.
Are you ready to find out more? The first step is to register your interest using the REGISTER INTEREST facility.