Maths & English
County Training offer free (subject to eligibility) Functional Skills qualifications and GCSEs courses in both maths and English.
We can help you improve the skills you use in everyday life, such as reading, writing or maths, and once you get started you'll find that it's easier than you thought. You can even get a nationally recognised City and Guilds qualification.
Our courses aim to build your confidence, develop your skills in a friendly, flexible environment and give you the opportunity to fulfil your potential.
- you can learn at your own speed
- one-to-one help is available
- groups are small
These courses run countywide and start at times to suit you. Please email email@example.com or give us a ring on 0345 6789023 and we will arrange for a tutor to make contact.
We offer intensive one year courses starting in September for those who would like to work towards a GCSE in maths or English grades 9-4 (A-C). Applicants will need some prior knowledge to access the course. Ideally you will already hold a GCSE grade D or Functional Skill qualification at level 1 or 2 but we do encourage applications from those without formal qualification. You will be asked to complete an application form and a short initial assessment. We will then use these to advise on the most appropriate study route.
The course will be free to those who don’t already have a GCSE A*-C (1-3) when taken through one of the following study routes:
- Aged 16-18, GCSE English and maths can be taken as part of our ‘Advance’ Study Programme course or part of an apprenticeship subject to agreement with your employer and assessor.
- Aged 19-plus, GCSE English and maths can be taken either as a standalone course or as part of an apprenticeship, subject to agreement with your employer and assessor.
The sessions starting in September 2018 are timetabled as follows (further details will be added as they become available):
- Shrewsbury, Wednesdays 5.30pm - 8.30pm
- Shrewsbury, Thursdays 12.30pm - 3.15pm
- Telford, Thursdays 12.30pm - 3.15pm
- Telford, Thursdays, 5.30pm - 8.30pm
- Ludlow, Tuesdays, 9.00am-11.45am
- Ludlow, Wednesdays, 5.30-8.30pm
- Hereford, Thursdays, 12.30pm-3.15pm
- Whitchurch, Tuesdays, 9.00am-11.45am
- Oswestry, Mondays, 12.30pm-3.15pm
- Shrewsbury, Tuesdays, 9.00 - 11.45 pm
- Shrewsbury, Thursdays, 5.30pm - 8.30pm
- Telford, Tuesdays, 9.00am-11.45am
- Ludlow, Mondays, 9.00am-11.45am
- Hereford, Thursdays, 9.00am-11.45am
- Whitchurch, Wednesdays, 9.00am-11.45am
- Oswestry, Tuesdays, 9.00am-11.45am