Pottery & Ceramics - Mixed Ability
About the course:
This course offers clay hand building, throwing on the wheel and decorating skills at all levels. The work of professional potters and their place in the larger world of the Arts is also included. .
All levels are welcome.
By the end of the course you can expect to:
- Have increased your knowledge of clay building techniques
- Have explored using colour and glaze in your work.
- Have made and decorated some individual pieces
- Understand the basic processes through which ceramics progress from start to finish.
- Have expanded your knowledge of modern and traditional world ceramics
You will need:
Apron, overall, a small sketchbook, a paint scraper, a large sponge, a few cheap water colour brushes, a roll of cling film and masking tape. Photographing our work will be useful.
Your tutor will supply:
Clay, glazes, other tools and materials, handouts as necessary.
The tutor is an experienced teacher who knows that clay brings out the best in everybody. She enjoys spreading the word (and the clay) to as many people as possible.
Pottery and Ceramics classes are offered at all levels for those wishing to increase their skills
How to Book
Call the Gateway Centre on 01743 562063