Pottery & Ceramics Improvers
About the course:
This course invites learners who have been to a previous class to expand their pottery skills, but tuition will be given at any level as appropriate. The class will also show the work of traditional and modern makers to connect students to the wider world of ceramics.
All students are welcome
By the end of the course you can expect to have:
- Developed your hand-building skills
- Make some wheel thrown pieces if you wish
- Explored more ways of decorating and glazing
- Understood the use of oxide and slip decoration
- Used glaze to finish your work
- Recognised some of the great works created in International ceramics
You will need:
Apron/overalls, a small sketchbook, a paint scraper, a large sponge, a few cheap water colour brushes, a roll of cling film and masking tape.
Your tutor will supply:
Clay, glazes, other tools and materials, handouts as necessary.
The tutor is an experienced potter and teacher with great enthusiasm for the subject and the pleasure it can add to life.
Pottery and ceramic classes are offered at every level as required.
How to Book
Call the Gateway Centre on 01743 562063