Pottery and Ceramics – Beginners plus
This course offers an introduction to clay hand building and throwing on the wheel. We will explore use of colour and look at the work of a few professional potters..
By the end of the course you can expect to be able to do the following;
- Have learnt some different ways of making in clay
- Have discovered some colouring and decoration techniques
- Have understood the basic process in pottery
- Have completed pieces of work
You will need:
A small notebook/sketchbook, a large sponge, a paint scraper, a few cheap, soft-bristle brushes, a roll of cling film and an apron or overalls
Your tutor will supply:
Clay,glazes,other tools and equipment, handouts as necessary.
Your tutor is an experienced teacher who knows that clay brings out the best in everybody. She enjoys spreading the word (and the clay) to as many people as possible
- Pottery and Ceramics classes are offered to every level as required
How to Book
Call the Gateway Centre on 01743 562063