Pottery and Ceramics – Mixed Ability (Thursday)
About the course:
This course offers clay hand building, throwing on the wheel and decorating skills at all levels. The work of professional potters and their place in the larger world of the Arts is also included. .
All levels are welcome.
By the end of the course you can expect to:
- Have increased your knowledge of clay building techniques.
- Have explored using colour and glaze in your work.
- Made and decorated some individual pieces
- Understand the basic processes through which ceramics progress from start to finish
- Have expanded your knowledge of modern and traditional world ceramics .
You will need:
Apron, overalls, a roll of cling film, a few cheap sot-bristle brushes, a paint scraper, a large sponge and a small notebook/sketchbook
Your tutor will supply:
Clay,glazes,other tools and equipment, handouts as necessary.
Fiona Wade is an experienced teacher and potter with a particular delight in passing on her knowledge of, and pleasure in the craft
Students have the opportunity to progress in further courses, working at differing levels according to their experiences and ability. Pottery classes also provide a useful introduction to the crossover between craft and fine art.
How to Book
Call the Gateway Centre on 01743 562063