City & Guilds Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides (PA1)
About the course
This course covers the legislative requirements and codes of practice relating to the use of pesticides, relevance of product information, risk of human contamination and implement emergency procedures, store and transportation of pesticides, disposal of surplus pesticide and waste materials, record keeping requirements, risk of environmental contamination and implement emergency procedures.
Level 2 - If your job involves applying pesticides in a commercial role then you are legally required by the Plant Protection Products (Sustainable Use) Regulations (2012) to take this qualification. This qualification is designed specifically for those who wish to apply pesticides using various types of handheld applicators
By the end of the course you can expect to be able to do the following;
- Know the legislative requirements and codes of practice relating to the use of pesticides
- Understand the relevance of product information
- Know how to minimise the risk of human contamination and implement emergency procedures
- Know how to store and transport pesticides safely
- Know how to manage and dispose of surplus pesticide and waste materials
- Know the record keeping requirements
- Know how to minimise the risk of environmental contamination and implement emergency procedures
There is no requirement for personal protective equipment for this course so candidates just need to bring pen and paper for note taking. • Be prepared to have a photo, which will be on your qualification card on completion of successful assessment and certification.
The college/ tutor will supply
Necessary equipment; paperwork and documentation for the course
Candidates who successfully complete and pass the online exam can register for the pesticide courses for practical application of pesticide, for example:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides Using Self Propelled, Mounted, Trailed Horizontal Boom Sprayers (PA2)
- City & Guilds Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment ( PA6)
HOW DO I APPLY/JOIN THIS COURSE?
To book a place on this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone The Gateway Education and Arts Centre - Rural Skills department on 01743 562061/562063