City & Guilds Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides Using Self Propelled, Mounted, Trailed Horizontal Boom Sprayers (formally PA2a). Unit 111
About the course
This course covers the legislative requirements and codes of practice relating to the use of pesticides, relevance of product information, risk of human contamination and implement emergency procedures, store and transportation of pesticides, disposal of surplus pesticide and waste materials, record keeping requirements, risk of environmental contamination and implement emergency procedures
Level 2 - If your job involves applying pesticides in a commercial role then you are legally required by the Plant Protection Products (Sustainable Use) Regulations (2012) to take this qualification. This qualification is designed specifically for those who wish to apply pesticides using various types of handheld applicators.
By the end of the course you can expect to be able to do the following:
- Prepare the applicator for work, calibrate and operate it to ensure correct application rate without risk to themselves, other people and the environment.
- Use the information detailed on product labels to determine the approved uses for the product and its potential hazards to human safety, non-target areas and the environment in general.
- Carry out daily and routine maintenance on the applicator.
Provide your own personal protective equipment and this must comply with up to date legal requirements.
- E.G. Coveralls level 5 or 6
- Rubber gloves,
- Wellington boots or waterproof footwear and a full protection face shield.
- Be prepared to return to the college for the assessment with an independent assessor. It will be made up of both practical assessment and one to one questioning. The recommended duration for this is between 2.5 to 3.0 Hours.
- Be prepared to have a photo, which will be on your qualification card on completion of successful assessment and certification.
The college/ tutor will supply:
Necessary equipment, paperwork and documentation for the course
In this qualification there are four additional units, listed below. All units require separate training and assessment if required by the end user. Information regarding these is available on request. Operating Mounted, Trailed and Self Propelled Air/Fluid Nozzle Horizontal Boom Sprayers • Operating Mounted, Trailed and Self Propelled Downward Air Assisted Horizontal Boom Sprayers • Operating Mounted or Trailed Wick Type Applicators • Operating Vehicle Mounted Kerb Sprayers Fitted with Hydraulic Nozzles / Rotary Atomisers
HOW DO I APPLY/JOIN THIS COURSE?
To reserve a place on this course email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the Gateway on 01743 249077