City and Guilds Level 2 Award in Agriculture Tractor Driving Operations
If you use a tractor this qualification will help you improve your ability as part of your work in agriculture, horticulture or other industries The minimum age limit for candidates taking this qualification is 16 years. This does not replace any legal requirement for a driving licence. It covers safe driving of a tractor, pre-use maintenance, safety checks and recognition of controls and instruments. The test of covers the use of the tractor in a range of situations: driving safely and correctly around a suitable course (including reversing with a trailer), trailer hitching, attaching 3-point linkage and Power Take Off (PTO) driven attachments. There is an optional unit that covers the use of a tractor fitted with a front-end loader.
By the end of the course you can expect to be able to do the following:
- Prepare and operate a tractor and attachments (Mandatory)
- Understand How To Prepare A Tractor And Attachments For Operation
- Prepare Tractor And Attachments For Operation
- Understand How To Operate A Tractor
- Operate aq Tractor With Attachments (Optional)
- Be familiar with the machinery, equipment and tools that they are going to use.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times. All PPE used must comply with relevant AFAG guidance, industry good practice, Health and Safety Executive publications and current legal requirements in terms of specification and use.
- Be prepared to have a photo, which will be on your qualification card on completion of successful assessment and certification.
- Be prepared to come back to college for the assessment day
The college/ tutor will supply:
- Necessary equipment
- Paperwork and documentation for the course
About the tutor
All of our tutors are well qualified and experienced in the agricultural and forestry industry
How to Book
Call the Gateway Centre on 01743 562061/562063