City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Award in Felling and Processing Trees over 380mm Unit 301
What Does the Subject Include?
This level three unit covers trees whose effective diameter at felling height is over 380mm. This course will help you to understand and identify risk assessments and emergency procedures on the work site to promote knowledge of health and safety legislation and industry good practice. You will be able to fell trees and process over 380mm as well as removing branches on felled trees and dealing with taking down hung up trees.
The assessment is with an independent assessor and will be made up of both practical assessment and one to one questioning. The recommended duration for this is between 2.5 to 3.5 Hours. It will take place on another day after the course has been completed.
What are the Entry Requirements?
Candidates must be over 16 and have completed City & Guilds NPTC level 2 award in Chainsaw maintenance and Cross-cutting Units 201 and 202(CS30) a Felling and processing trees up to 380mm Unit 203 (CS31).
What Qualification will I gain if I successfully complete the course?
City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Award in Felling and Processing Trees Over 380mm
Other Relevant Details?
Length of Course: 3 days training and half a day’s assessment
Times: 9am till 4.15pm
Where is Course Delivered? This is subject to site availability.
What do I need to bring with me?
You should provide your own personal protective equipment and this must comply with legal requirements.
- Helmet (Groundwork EN 397) with ear defenders and mesh visor (complying with EN1731) (not exceeding 3 years old)
- Chainsaw protective gloves* complying with EN 381-7
- Chainsaw Trousers* – Type A (Minimum ) Type B (Preferred) for Ground Units only or Type C to include Tree climbing Work ( Chaps are not acceptable)
- Chainsaw Boots* complying with EN345-2 (spats are not acceptable)
* These items should carry the CE chainsaw logo
What can I do next?
Other courses available are:
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in Tree Climbing and Rescue C38
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Award in Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall Techniques CS39
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Award in Severing, Uprooted or Windblown Trees
To book a place on this course email email@example.com or telephone the Gateway on 01743 562063