Felling of Trees up to 380 mm Level 2 Award (City & Guilds)
What Does the Subject Include?
This course covers the directional felling of trees using a chainsaw. The felling technique will be appropriate to tree size, weight, condition and species as well as taking into account guide-bar size and weather conditions. Candidates are required to hold Crosscutting & Maintenance before registration can be done for this course. There will be an assessment day arranged after completion of the course..
The assessment is with an independent assessor and will be made up of both practical assessment and one to one questioning. The recommended duration for this is between 2.5 to 3.5 Hours. It will take place on another day after the course has been completed.
What are the Entry Requirements?
Candidates must be over 16 and have completed City & Guilds NPTC level 2 award in Chainsaw maintenance and Cross-cutting Units 201 and 202.
What Qualification will I gain if I successfully complete the course?
City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in Felling and Processing Trees Under 380mm
By the end of the course you can expect to be able to do the following:
- Be able to work safely
- Be able to fell and process trees up to 380mm
- Know relevant health and safety legislation and industry good practice
- Know how to fell and process trees up to 380mm
- Know how to remove branches from felled trees using a chainsaw
- Know how to take down hung-up trees
Other Relevant Details?
Length of Course: 3 days training and half a day’s assessment
Times: 9am till 4.15pm
Where is Course Delivered? Walford Campus.
What do I need to bring with me?
You should provide your own personal protective equipment and this must comply with legal requirements.
- Helmet (Groundwork EN 397) with ear defenders and mesh visor (complying with EN1731) (not exceeding 3 years old)
- Chainsaw protective gloves* complying with EN 381-7
- Chainsaw Trousers* – Type A (Minimum ) Type B (Preferred) for Ground Units only or Type C to include Tree climbing Work ( Chaps are not acceptable)
- Chainsaw Boots* complying with EN345-2 (spats are not acceptable)
* These items should carry the CE chainsaw logo
What can I do next?
Other courses available are:
- Level 3 award in Felling trees over 380mmm
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in Tree Climbing and Rescue C38
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Award in Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall Techniques CS39
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 3 Award in Severing, Uprooted or Windblown Trees
To book a place on this course email email@example.com or telephone the Rural Skills department on 01743 562061/562063