Wood-chipper (Manually Fed) Level 2 Award (City & Guilds)
About the course:
The qualification covers the preparation and operation of a manually fed wood-chipper covering health and safety, on site risk assessment and the maintenance of a wood-chipper. The training has an integrated assessment.
This level 2 qualification is designed specifically for anyone who is working in arboriculture
By the end of the course you can expect to be able to do the following;
- Know the health and safety requirements for operating a wood-chipper
- Be able to carry out a risk assessment on a site
- Be able to prepare the equipment and site for wood-chipping operations
- Be able to operate a wood-chipper
- Carry out maintenance on a wood-chipper
- Be familiar with the machinery, equipment and tools that they are going to use
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times.
- Nitrile Gloves, Type 5/6 Coveralls and wellington boots. All PPE used must comply with relevant AFAG guidance, industry good practice, Health and Safety Executive publications and current legal requirements in terms of specification and use
- Be prepared to have a photo, which will be on your qualification card on completion of successful assessment and certification.
Your College/tutor will supply:
- Necessary equipment ,/li>
- Paperwork and documentation for the course
North Shropshire College also deliver a range of specialist arboriculture courses, please ask for details.
HOW DO I APPLY/JOIN THIS COURSE?
To book a place on this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone The Gateway Education and Arts Centre - Rural Skills department on 01743 562061/562063