Guitar - Beginners
About the course:
Learn to play guitar in a relaxed, informative, anecdotal, fun atmosphere. Learn songs which, as much as possible, you choose!
Level: Beginners Plus
By the end of the course you can expect to be able to do the following;
- Have enjoyed playing songs in a variety of styles
- Learnt to play chords of (major) C A G E D (minor) A D E (Dominant 7th) A E B D
- Learnt to play the scales of C, G, D major and A natural minor
- Be able to play a variety of Rhythm (strumming) patterns in both 4/4 and ¾ time
- Be able to play a finger style pattern
- Be able to improvise and perform an accompaniment to a set chord sequence
You will need:
A guitar, plectrum, tuner and music stand.
Your tutor will supply:
All music sheets and email support.
Mike Ashford has been teaching Guitar for over 25 years. Since 1999 he has been teaching students in Shropshire of all ages and continue to work for Shropshire music service in schools and colleges.
Join next terms course.
How to Book
Call the Gateway Centre on 01743 562063